The Testing Center’s primary purpose is to support the CWI experience by providing an inclusive opportunity for applicants and students to take exams in a convenient and securely proctored testing environment. Our priority is to administer exams for prospective students, CWI students who require in-person proctoring, and our growing segment of Career and Technical student exams. The Testing Center also administers community certification and licensure testing for local professionals.
As a National College Testing Association (NCTA) Certified Testing Center, the College of Western Idaho (CWI) subscribes to NCTA's Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers.
Our testing services include, but are not limited to:
- Course and admissions placement testing
- Accommodated classroom testing for qualifying CWI students
- Make-up exams for CWI courses
- Prior learning assessment (PLA) exams
- Proctored testing for CWI online and hybrid courses
- High school and college credit exams such as GED, CLEP, and DSST
- Proctored testing for outside institutions and businesses
Please be aware that examinations must be scheduled with the CWI Testing Center at least 12 hours in advance. You can schedule an appointment online by visiting https://www.cwi.edu/exam.
We have testing center locations available at both the Ada County Center (ALYN) and the Nampa Campus Micron Education Center (NMEC).
For current operating hours, locations, proctoring fees, and scheduling information, please contact Assessment and Testing Services at 208.562.2542 or 208.562.2440, or visit the Testing Center web page.