Students earning an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and/or Associate of Applied Science degree will complete coursework within their program of choice that meet learning outcomes in the following areas:
- Consider other contexts and viewpoints
- Communicate with clarity and accuracy
- Apply solutions and ideas
Specifically, students explore the following:
Consider other contexts and viewpoints
- What are my ethical and cultural starting points?
- What are the health and safety implications?
- What are the ethical implications?
- What are the cultural, business, social or historical implications?
Communicate with clarity and accuracy
- Can I demonstrate discipline-specific oral communication?
- Can I demonstrate discipline-specific written communication?
- Can I use foundational communication skills like information literacy and methods of a persuasive argument?
- Can I use industry-specific technologies to communicate?
Apply solutions and ideas
- Can I solve problems?
- Can I use interconnected theories, ideas or concepts to create or explore ideas?
- Can I interact, engage or work with others to enhance my learning or career opportunities?