The College of Western Idaho Library eagerly supports teaching and learning at the College by ensuring that students, faculty, and staff can locate, evaluate, and use information effectively. All library services are free to students, faculty, and staff.
Why do you still need a college library?
- Because information is everywhere, but good information can be difficult to identify. We can help you sort biased news from factual information.
- Because textbooks are crazy expensive. Use the ones in the library for free!
- Because studying at home is distracting. We provide computers, laptops for checkout, wifi, and flexible study areas, including reservable group spaces.
- Because many course assignments require scholarly resources, such as peer-reviewed journal articles, that are rarely found for free online. We've got them!
Individual research assistance is available during library hours in person, by phone, chat, and email, while an interactive FAQ and chatbot are available for 24/7 assistance on the library’s website. CWI librarians offer customized research instruction sessions upon request for any college course or group. In addition to a rapidly growing physical collection, the library provides online access to articles, journals, newspapers, eBooks, and streaming video from over 80 online research databases.
The library provides specialized services including:
- Request It! -- Tell us what you need and we'll track it down for you and get it in your hands ASAP.
- Holds -- Ask us for an item in our collection and we'll send it to your nearest CWI Library location or mail it to your home (postage paid both ways).
- Librarian Appointments -- Pick a time and location that work for your schedule and we'll make a librarian appear for one-on-one help with research assignments.
- 3D Printing -- We can help you design and print projects for class.
CWI Library has two physical locations: Nampa Campus Multipurpose Building (NCMP) Room 103/105 and Ada County Center Pintail Building (APIN) Room 1301. Both locations offer research help, study space, computer stations, and a selection of textbooks for student use. The NCMP Library additionally offers a lounge area, four reservable group study spaces, and a library instruction lab. A current CWI ID card is requested to check out materials from the library.
Want more? Visit the Library now!