The Academic Certificate in Accounting and Tax gives students an opportunity to gain a solid foundation in accounting skills and an understanding of the environment in which accountants work. The certificate offers evidence of knowledge in financial, managerial, and individual income tax accounting. The student will also use relevant industry-specific software. This program is designed for individuals who want to pursue a career in accounting. When completed, the student will be prepared for an entry-level bookkeeping or tax job, or an accounting internship.
Students in the Accounting and Tax program will:
- Develop and enhance skills in financial accounting.
- Develop a framework for managerial, cost, budgeting, and financial statement analysis.
- Be given opportunities for experience in individual income tax rules and regulations.
- Become certified in QuickBooks.
- Investigate their leadership style and skills.