Plan of Study Guide
The course sequence listed below is strongly recommended in order to complete your program requirements. Many Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses have prerequisites and/or corequisites that have been accounted for within this Plan of Study Guide. Please register for each semester as shown using the Student Planning tool in myCWI. Consult your Student Success Advisor for any questions regarding this course sequence plan.
|LAWE 100||Law Enforcement I||18|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||18|
|LAWE 200||Law Enforcement II||12|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||12|
|Minimum Credit Hours Required||30|
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Understand the importance of ethical and moral behavior associated with the law enforcement field.
- Demonstrate competency with employing techniques and methods used by police officers, including written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Idaho law as it pertains to the criminal code, traffic code, criminal procedures, and rules of evidence.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of law enforcement equipment.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem resolution, and decision-making skills as they relate to the performance of police duties.
- Demonstrate the competencies and physical fitness required to meet standards of Idaho P.O.S.T criteria.
NOTE: Students will be trained utilizing the Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T) curriculum, which meets standards outlined to be eligible for P.O.S.T. certification.